Sunday, March 11, 2012

On the serious side. . .

So I think out of all my friends, I've told about 6 friends what I'm about to tell you. I have a disability. I was diagnosed with Autism when I was just 4 years old. I haven't told anyone this, because I'm afraid of losing friends and I know it sounds dumb, but when i told someone, they told me I was weird and said they didn't want to be a part of my life because they thought it was a contagious disease. I've been afraid to tell anyone but I realize it's who I am and it's who Heavenly Father wanted me to be. I am on the higher part of the spectrum of Autism, but I still have it. I also have a brain disorder called "Asperger's" and it affects my learning and things like that. I have had teachers judge me for it. I have old my two best friends and my 4 other close friends. I have a photo shoot with one of my friends on Thursdays and she is doing it for people who have disabilities and even though mine isn't too noticeable, she asked me if I would be willing to do it for one of her projects and I agreed! I hope this post helps you to understand me a little bit more. Feel free to ask me any questions if you want! :)

6 comments:

  1. Girl, you are beautiful and amazing exactly the way you are. I am so sorry that you've had to deal with people judging you because of this. Heavenly Father gives you trials like these because he knows you can handle them :) And he wants those people around you to learn something from it. I really admire you for your positive attitude :)
    And good luck on your photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kirstie!!! You're so kind!!! I just hope more people understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually worked a lot with kids with Autism and Asbergers (little kids), and it always bugs me that people don't realize that there is a huge variance in what extent it affects someone. Obviously, the kids I worked with were on the lower end of things, but there are kids like you who just have trouble learning some things, but besides that are fine. Like you said, it's part of who you are, and from what I can tell, you are a remarkable young lady. :) Don't let people's judgments get you down, girl.


    karliwithak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It means a lot. Someone told me autism is some disease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe thank you!!!!! I hope people understand me more with this. I am SO looking forward to my photoshops tomorrow!! :D you are awesome!:)

    ReplyDelete